Founded in 2020, Walr provides the market’s most customizable and unified data creation solutions to power all elements of quantitative research. Marrying cutting-edge, proprietary technology with the very best talent, we build bespoke and flexible research programs for the world’s brightest businesses. Dedication is our mantra, as we treat clients as partners and go the extra mile to amaze them with exceptional service. Fueling our excitement, we've already tripled our team since 2022.
As a rapidly growing company and acclaimed recipient of the Best Workplace in Tech™ and Best Workplace in Wellbeing™ titles, we're not just offering a job – we're inviting you to shape our journey. Empowerment and growth define us. Join us in reshaping the future of business.
About The Role:
Walr is looking for a Senior Project Manager within our EMEA Client Delivery team based in the UK. Joining us in this hybrid remote role means you'll have the flexibility to work from home, whilst also connecting with your colleagues at our vibrant London office on a weekly basis.
The role is focused on delivering market research Full-Service projects, not limited to client management, fieldwork sampling and monitoring, data quality and budget management.
This role is well-suited for individuals who thrive in the dynamic environment of a startup, excel under tight timelines, embrace change, and effectively manage multiple tasks. The successful candidate maximizes share of wallet with customers and drives customer delight through taking on full ownership and delivering exceptional service on projects in the quantitative data collection space. We are looking for an effective communicator with strong knowledge about the whole life-cycle of projects from questionnaire logic, feasibility of audiences, data collection, through to project delivery against commercial targets.
- Take on full ownership for all elements of managing and delivering Full-Service projects for various customers from brief executing through to delivery
- Own all external communication with a clear, proactive, and service-oriented approach that drives customer delight
- Liaise and effectively collaborate with internal teams (e.g. account management, scripting, data processing) towards successful project delivery
- Proactively monitor the delivery of all work with a specific focus on operating within gross margin targets
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously against tight timelines
- Proactively anticipate possible challenges in projects and offer suggestions for preventive measures.
- Act as the first point of diagnosis/escalation for live project issues and troubleshoot towards solutions
- Ensure high quality for all client deliverables and act as a reliable quality control gate with high attention to detail
- Support in the pre-sales and on-boarding phase for new clients
- Obsessed with customer satisfaction and delivering best-in-class service
- 2+ years’ experience (4+ for Senior Project Manager) in a market research environment with a proven track record of managing market research Full-Service projects
- Excellent project management, communication, and administrative skills
- Technical and commercial proficiency
- Solution-oriented and consultative with an innate curiosity and passion for the new
- High level of proactivity to build lasting relationships and be top of mind for our clients
- High level of organization and time management to juggle multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Confident communicator with stakeholders via all channels and at multiple levels within an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with market research specific software e.g., Confirmit, Decipher, SPSS , and comfortable with learning new technical tools
- Confident with data and explaining the impact of that data to support decision-making
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Commercial Mindset: You take a macro-view of your work and understand how your role contributes to the bottom line of the business. You have informed opinions on factors that affect its profitability or market share, and you understand its competitors and customers.
- Strong Communication: An effective communicator, both written and verbally. Able to communicate technical terms in commonly understood language using concise, clear, and appropriate language. Takes care to structure ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Client Relationship Management: Committed to customer excellence by responding to queries promptly, offering as much information as possible and providing products and services that customers value.
- Time Management: Takes a methodical approach to daily work and is able to break down complex tasks into manageable segments. Remains flexible to re-prioritize to-dos based on level of importance and readily identifies possible stumbling blocks and proposes solutions.
- Professional Maturity: Walr embraces diversity of experiences, backgrounds, and thoughts. Professional maturity will be demonstrated in one’s ability to consistently show respect for and incorporate various points of view, to consistently practice good business manners and self- regulate actions, reactions, and behaviors appropriately in the workplace.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: In this fast-paced start-up, no two days are alike, and change is constant. This person must show comfort in ambiguity and the ability to make the more appropriate decision based on logical reasoning and careful analysis of the data at hand.
- Culture: At Walr, we value a collaborative and vibrant work environment where our team members share a common spirit of camaraderie and positivity. This means being a strong advocate for a ‘can-do’ attitude, fostering a sense of unity, and not taking oneself too seriously. We celebrate our victories, be they project milestones or company achievements, and we encourage you to join in the festivities, recognizing that success is best enjoyed together.
At Walr, we understand the importance of tailoring benefits to meet the unique needs of our diverse workforce spread across the globe. With a commitment to offering region-specific benefits while fostering a shared sense of community, we're excited to present some of the key benefits that unite us as a global team.
- 30 Days Annual Leave
- Family Friendly Policies
- Star of The Month Award
- Health & Wellbeing Benefits
- Work from Anywhere for up to 8 weeks a year.
- Full Tech Set-Up
- Quarterly Lunch & Learns
- Comprehensive Performance Management
- Pension Match Programme.
What We Value:
- We Delight through Dedication: We go above and beyond for our clients, committed to delivering best-in-class service, understanding that every client we have is core to our success. We are the first to respond, the problem solver, the true partner and we stop at nothing until we have found a way to delight our clients.
- We Lead with Trust: We approach our work with a data driven mindset, balanced by an acknowledgement that we are all human, first. Driven by three of our other values; ‘Delight through dedication, ‘Revel in Innovation’, and ‘Empowered to act like an Owner’ - we place trust in the entire team to find new and better way to deliver excellent client experiences at Walr.
- We Revel in Innovation: We aren’t afraid to take informed risks, learn from mistakes and act with purpose to build the future. The creation of value defines our approach to innovation and runs through the core of the entire business. Continually challenging the norm, we are change agents who deliver innovative, new solutions for our clients in both technology and delivery, setting a benchmark for what great service looks like in our industry,
- We Celebrate as A Team: Walr is a globally distributed team that equally emphasizes individual accountability and collective success. We each understand what success at Walr looks like, and how it’s measures, taken the time to celebrate actions and behaviors across the business that drive us towards this goal. We invest in growth through share problem solving, learning and development and a consistent drive to improve how we work collectively. Prioritizing inclusivity and leaving egos behind, we see that the whole is truly greater than the sum of its parts.
- We Are Empowered to Act Like Owners: Regardless of background, tenure or title, all employees are empowered to be ambitious, act courageously and be accountable for their actions, in pursuit of the future of Walr.